I’ve held onto this secret for a few months now, but I can finally talk about it since the issue is out on shelves. One of Gotham’s newest villains is based on me! This appears on the first page of Batman and Robin #10.
I’ve known the penciller, Patrick Gleason, for over 10 years now. He mentioned he was working on new concepts for Batman villains and then asked me if I’d like to be one. Naturally I told him “WHAT!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? IS THIS REAL LIFE??? HELL YEAH I DO!!!”, but I never knew he’d actually do it.
The original pencils resembled me more precisely, but needed to be changed up to be grittier for the streets of Gotham. The panel shows the character having survived a self inflicted batarang to the skull, leaving him with a lazy eye and incoherent speech. He also smokes, which I do not. But, in Gotham City, I guess I just don’t give a fuck.
Follow Patrick’s blog http://patrickgleasonart.blogspot.com/ and read the new 52’s Batman and Robin. The first trade just came out recently… I still can’t believe I’m in a fucking Batman comic, its so surreal. Thanks Pat!
- newriseind likes this
- hypocritemaster likes this
- adorkable-rawwr likes this
- theharbingervondoom reblogged this from rocom and added:
- stbernard said: This is unbelievably bad-ass.
- stbernard likes this
- weirdinabadway likes this
- citrusfunk likes this
- mugenworld likes this
- greyfishes likes this
- therobins reblogged this from ne0nic0
- therobins likes this
- youmaynowpanic likes this
- lusilly likes this
- charmingdeadpool reblogged this from ne0nic0
- ne0nic0 reblogged this from rocom and added:
- amomenttothink said: Bad. Ass.
- amomenttothink likes this
- colindoesntgetit likes this
- sprygemini likes this
- ricedeeem likes this
- rocom posted this