Cinavia HACK for PS3 Media Streaming
Sony has teamed up with Cinavia in an attempt to halt the streaming of pirated movies using the PS3. I love using my PS3 for streaming movies and TV shows, so I was pretty pissed off when the audio went mute after only 20 minutes or so of watching a film. This problem will happen on some rips of BluRay movies. The following hack will not work with DTS audio, but it should work otherwise. Best of luck!
Here’s the HACK:
- Go to your sound settings
- Select audio output settings
- Switch from HDMI to optical digital (even if you use HDMI)
- Select every setting there is, then SAVE IT.
- Once its saved, it will take you back to sound settings, select audio multi-output and turn it ON.
Worked fine for me. Another way around it is to get a Cinavia free file of the media you are watching, which have become available recently. If you are a video editor, you can also use the audio track from a DVD rip and attach it to the BluRay rip of the movie. The PS3 is a great system, here’s to Sony and Cinavia trying to fuck that up.
- nowantsbutbalance reblogged this from rocom
- inspirealittlefire reblogged this from rocom
- reddevil07 likes this
- noisebaptism likes this
- davescheidt reblogged this from rocom
- davescheidt likes this
- ohwordyeahthatsinteresting likes this
- rider--on-the--storm likes this
- timetoputonashow likes this
- staticsafe likes this
- anthonyblaah likes this
- redplayboy reblogged this from rocom
- rocom posted this